This nearly 2 hour DVD covers a wide range of years with loads of live performances (some rare) as well as interviews and a recent award presentation. The DVD has a multi page menu with chapter selections and a beautiful menu to choose each segment as you’d like.
1. Lopez Tonight 04/23/11 Show opening, WORLD PREMIERE of new song “Lay Down” later in the show Prince is interviewed. The self-described purple Yoda, arguably the baddest of all mamba jambas, the one and only Prince Rogers Nelson blessed George Lopez with a three-song live performance on his talk show last night and, even crazier, an interview. The songs include “Laydown”, the classic “The Beautiful Ones” from his magnum opus, “Purple Rain” and a killer finale featuring Sheila E. on percussion, NPG singer Shelby J on lead vocals as well as George Lopez himself getting in on the action. They cover the 80’s post-Disco classic by D-Train, “You’re The One For Me” which evolves into a Latin-funk jam. There’s really not much more to say except as the host himself points out, this is what love sounds like.
2. HBO’s The Chris Rock Show (Historical First Episode) 02/07/1997: Prince Live Performance. Most of the episodes were released uncut on DVD, however for contractual reasons the segment featuring The Artist Formerly Known as Prince as he was known then, was removed from the first episode of Season 1 official release. Here is the ORIGINAL performance as it aired. O+> (as he was identified then) and the NPG perform “Face Down” from the 3-CD set, “Emancipation”.
3. I Heart Radio Music Festival 10/01/12: As if the star power on night two of the Festival wasn’t bright enough, performer Mary J. Blige surprised fans during her set with a special guest. “I got a real good friend in the building. He’s one of the most amazing artists to ever walk the earth,” she said as she introduced the man known as Prince. Prince, decked out in ’70s garb, performed one of his classic hit songs with Mary J. as a duet, “Nothing Compares 2 U”. “I know you have to be very particular about who you be messing with,” she told Prince before they launched into the song. “Sing with me tonight!” It was pretty incredible.
4. Jimmy Kimmel Live 10/24/12: The legendary Prince made a rare late-night television appearance, gracing the outdoor stage on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Tuesday night. Along with performing his latest “Rock & Roll Love Affair” single, Prince did an extended off-air set which included his classics, “Take Me With U,” “Cream” as well as a cover of Michael Jackson’s “Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough.” He also performed his own rendition of ‘”The Dance Electric,” a song Prince wrote for former band member André Cymone. Watch Prince rock the stage after the jump…..
5. The 55th Annual Grammy Awards 02/10/12: Prince presents award for “Record of The Year 2012”
6. Late Night with Jimmy Fallon 03/30/13: Last night marked the four-year anniversary of Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. Those who tuned in got a big treat, when rock icon Prince wowed the audience with performances of “Screwdriver” and “Bambi.” The rather infamous highlight of the night came when Prince borrowed Roots’ band member “Captain” Kirk Lloyd’s guitar, refused to autograph it, and then nonchalantly tossed it on the floor after performing “Bambi.” MEGA RARE
7. The 2013 Billboard Music Awards 05/19/13: Opening
8. The 2013 Billboard Music Awards 05/19/13: Introduced by the leading ladies of modern Soul, Erykah Badu and Janelle Monae, Prince performs onstage with 3rdEyeGirl during the 2013 Billboard Music Awards at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 19, 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The songs include a slower, heavier version of the classic, “Let’s Go Crazy”, a Blues-Rock jam which incorporates the 70’s rock tune, “Frankenstein” and their latest single, “FIXURLIFEUP”. He then receives the Billboard Music Icon Award. which has gone to Neil Diamond and Stevie Wonder in both 2011 and 2012 respectively.
9. The Arsenio Hall Show 03/05/14: Whole show episode. Several live performances from Prince along with a in-depth in-studio interview with Prince and an additional segment where fans have a chance to ask questions directly to the man himself! All commercials professionally edited out. This stellar performance by Prince and his maidens of Funk/Rock, 3rdEyeGirl and the NPG Hornz includes a new song called “FUNKNROLL” which would eventually appear on his latest album, “Art Official Age”. Also, they rock hard through one of his classic B-sides, “She’s Always In My Hair”. Also on the show is one of Prince’s latest protégées, Liv Warfield, performing her single, “Soul Lifted” with the NPG Hornz. The show closes out with another classic funky tune Prince wrote for his 80’s protégées The Family, called “Mutiny”. 41 Minutes
Total Running Time Approx. 2 Hours
Total Running Time Approx. 2 Hours