1. Saturday Night Live 09/28/19: Opening and Billie Performing “Bad Guy,” Billie Eilish did something visually arresting. Placed in a box behind her bandmates, she appeared able to walk and dance on the walls beside and ceiling above her. Was it a camera trick? Yes? The camera work kept the effect a secret for a while, but then cut to wide shots that demystified the thing a bit, revealing some other kind of camera in some scaffolding or something. But whatever, it looked cool and put the song across memorably. Like many musical performers before her, Eilish went huge for one song, and then did something comparably low-key and understated. This was the case here, with Eilish singing the wispy ballad, “i love you,” accompanied by a guitar player/backup singer, in matching fabrics. A heartfelt and fine song, the lighting and cloud-like smoke show did give it all a blue mood, which suited the emotional performance.
2. The Gayle King; Grammy Special 01/23/20: In-depth interview with Billie. Sometimes the very thing you thought you wanted the most turns out to be a nightmare. That’s how Billie describes feeling at times over the past year as her debut album, When We Fall Sleep, Where Do We Go? exploded her into global stardom, even as she just wanted to shrink away from it all. On Gayle King’s Grammy Special on Thursday night (Jan. 23), Eilish, 18, describes falling into clinical depression and feeling suicidal after her sudden fame made it hard to relate to her old life. “I was so unhappy last year… I was so unhappy and I was so, like, joyless,” says Eilish, who is nominated for six Grammys at Sunday night’s (Jan. 26) show. “I didn’t ever think I would be happy again, ever,” says Eilish over footage of her joyfully driving around Los Angeles in her all-black muscle car with King
3. The 62nd Annual Grammy Awards 1/26/20: Opening and Billie performs then took home the coveted awards for record, song and album of the year, along with Best New Artist. Eilish was the youngest person ever nominated for all four awards at the same time.
4. On the Red Carpet at the Oscars 02/09/20: Opening and visuals of Billie arrive in a full Chanel white outfit posing for photographers
5. The Oscars Red Carpet Show 02/09/20: Interview by Billy Porter with Billie and brother Finneas where they discuss their favorite films growing up and the fact that their first time at the Oscars
6. The 92nd Annual Academy Awards 02/09/20: Opening and Billie along with Finneas perform the classic Beatles song Yesterday during the Memoriam segment
7. Fox Presents the iHeart Living Room Concert for America 3/29/20: Opening and Billie and Finneas perform a acoustic version “Bad Guy” from their home
8. Homefest: James Corden’s Late Late Show Special 03/30/20: Opening with Billie and Finneas. Later in the program James interviews both of them and then they perform “Everything I Wanted” acoustic version on piano and then the interview resumes.