1. A&E’s Biography 03/20/07: He’s the rocker’s rocker–the symbol of ’80s punk rock, with flashy clothes and a mohawk to match. MTV helped him explode onto the music scene with his hugely popular videos for “White Wedding” and “Dancing with Myself,” and he’s remained a cult favorite ever since as evidenced by his striking cameo appearance in the 1998 comedy “The Wedding Singer”. Today he continues to tour in front of sold out audiences in both the US and UK and is working on a new album to be released in the spring of 2008.
2. NBC’s Today Show 10/07/14: Two teasers about Billy being on the program. Interview with Bily on his new book. He discusses the content of the book. Billy then performs a acoustic version of “White Wedding”
3. The Download Festival Live in Donnington Park, UK 2015: Opening and Rebel Yell LIVE
4. I Heart Radio 11/03/17: Opening and Rebel Yell I’ve with Mylie Cyrus and brief comments from Billy
5. Night Flight 01/19/85: In-depth RARE interview with Billy Idol. In this candid interview with Night Flight, Billy Idol opens up about his work, music style and the punk ethos. He has quite a bit to say about how punk rock changed, and why he’s still here. For Idol, punk rock lost it’s edge once it’s members started calling on actual violence, not the “social destruction” he think united it’s earliest followers. The interview is great because it see’s Billy allowing himself to get comfortable with his success, talking about the satisfaction of actually learning how to play his instruments and become a better singer to communicate his message. It’s a fascinating look into what he’s all about. Includes music videos for “White Wedding”, “Rebel Yell” and “Eyes Without A Face”, “Catch My Fall”
6. The Who – Live – Featuring The Rock Opera Tommy 08/24/89: Twenty years after its first performance, The Who performed Tommy in a benefit concert at Los Angeles’ Universal Amphitheater. Taped during The Who’s 25th anniversary tour, the band with guest appearances by Steve Winwood, Patti LaBelle, Phil Collins, Elton John along with Billy Idol perform the rock opera Tommy in its entirety at the Univeral Ampetheater in Los Angeles. Recorded during The Who’s 25th anniversary Tour, The Who performed Tommy at a benefit concert in Los Angeles, California USA at The Universal Amphitheater on the 24th of August 1989. This segment includes only portions that included Bill Idol performing “Cousin Kevin Model Child” and the finale for Finale “Welcome/We’re Not Gonna Take It” Live performances source from the original WHO Concert LaserDisc from 1989 for great quality
There are no reviews yet.