1. Coldplay Live On Fuse 09/21/2011: Live in Toronto Canada
free show in Toronto Wednesday evening (Sept. 21) – broadcast live in Canada on MuchMusic and in the U.S. on Fuse TV — supporting their forthcoming ‘Mylo Xyloto’ album before thousands of fans. And while all braved inclement weather, the skies cleared for the show, which was split evenly between older albums and the upcoming one.
Although opening with ‘Mylo Xyloto’ — which is little more than a short instrumental — Coldplay thrived on the bubbly, bouncy ‘Hurts Like Heaven’ as lead singer Chris Martin strummed his acoustic guitar. Using the same stage setup — heavy on lasers and other effects — as used during their summer European festival dates, the band upped the ante with a slightly faster ‘Yellow’ and anthem-like ‘In My Place.’
The only drawback might have been the ridiculous amount of confetti tossed out during ‘In My Place,’ looking like it was the show closer and not an early offering.
“Well good evening everybody,” Martin said, thanking fans for putting up with the rain and adding that — given their traditional English insecurity — they expected three people to show up in the parking lot adjacent to MuchMusic headquarters. Just a wee bit more than that turned up, Chris!
2. Stand Up To Cancer 09/07/12: The band perform on location during their world tour and perform Paradise and it’s dedicated to all the people stricken with cancer.
3. UK TV BBC’s Later with Jools Holland 10/10/08: Opening, then Coldplay perform Violet Hill, Lovers In Japan, 42 and Viva La Vida LIVE
4. The Graham Norton Show 05/30/14: Opening, Coldplay are the musical guest performing “A Sky Full of Stars” after performance Chris joins the other quests for a group interview.
5. The 57th Annual Grammy Awards 02/08/15: Chris performs a duet with Beck “Heart Is A Drum”
6. American Music Awards 11/22/15: Opening and Adventure of A Lifetime Live
7. CBS Sunday Morning 01/31/16: Opening, teaser and then later in the show Interview with the band as they prepare for the Super Bowl performance. Includes exclusive footage of Super Bowl rehearsals
8. The 60th Annual Supebowl 02/07/16: Halftime Special with Coldplay as they perform a hits medley of their songs at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California as part of Super Bowl 50. It was headlined by the British rock group Coldplay with special guest performers Beyoncé and Bruno Mars, who previously had headlined the Super Bowl XLVII and Super Bowl XLVIII halftime shows, respectively.
9. Rock Legends 03/09/16: The rise to fame of British rock band Coldplay is charted. Coldplay, originally formed as Pectorals, has gone on to worldwide fame and had numerous successful hits. Includes interview with Paul Weller (former member of the Style Council and The Jam)