Cyndi Lauper: Still So Unusual (Documentary Television Series)
Season 1: DVD 1 of 3
(from WE tv’s press release, November 2012) Pop music royalty, passionate philanthropist and super mom, Cyndi Lauper is definitely more than just a girl who wants to have fun. With a successful career that has spanned over three decades, the icon is opening up her unavoidably chaotic, often comical and truly multi-faceted life in WE tv’s newest original 12-part series Cyndi Lauper: Still So Unusual, premiering Saturday, January 12 at 9pm ET/PT in 2013. Viewers will be treated to a brand new episode of Cyndi directly following the series premiere at 9:30pm ET/PT on WE tv. Each 30-minute episode gives viewers an all-access pass into the personal and professional life of one of pop culture’s most beloved and influential icons as she juggles her many roles, including rock star, mother, wife, Broadway composer, New York Times best-selling author and philanthropist. Full length Episodes with all commercials edited out with excellent quality with fully displayed menu and individual chapter selections for each episode.
1. Episode #1 Air Date: 01/12/13: “No Voice, No Choice” Episode Synopsis: Cyndi Lauper juggles her busy career with a family life in this reality series, which begins with the pop singer arriving in Los Angeles to perform on NBC’s “The Voice,” but there’s one problem—she has laryngitis. Elsewhere, Cyndi meets up with her pal Kathy Griffin for lunch.
2. Episode #2 Air Date: 01/12/13: “Derby Day” Episode Synopsis: Team Lauper goes to the Kentucky Derby. Tensions rise when Cyndi’s keyboard is lost, then she drops the f-bomb before a performance… on live TV.
3. Episode #3 Air Date: 01/19/13: “Cyndi’s Wild Ride” Episode Synopsis: Cyndi plans a day of fun with her family and friends at Brooklyn’s Coney Island, but she can’t seem to escape work calls and fans who want photos, which proves upsetting to Declyn.
4. Episode #4 Air Date: 01/19/13: “Cannes She Do It ?” Episode Synopsis: Cyndi performs a private concert in Cannes and brings David, but their plan for some romantic time away isn’t turning out as hoped. Meanwhile, Cyndi is excited about possibly performing with Rolling Stone Ron Wood.
5. Episode #5 Air Date: 01/26/13: “Don’t Rain On My PSA” Episode Synopsis: Cyndi shoots a PSA for her True Colors Foundation, while David and son play golf. When things on set don’t go as planned, Cyndi loses patience and takes over.