This unique DVD contains both episodes of VH1’s “Behind The Music Duran Duran” The original episode that aired back in April of 1999 and the NEW “Behind The Music Remastered” Edition from November 2010. Having both on ONE DVD is a rare treat for collectors as it enables you to view BOTH episodes and be able to compare back to back the differences between the two versions. The last third of the “Remastered Version” is completely new (see details below). BOTH episodes contain footage that the other version does not thus making it a real treat to have them BOTH on one DVD to compare.
Quality on the original broadcast from 1999 and the latest 2010 are extremely good quality with the 2010 edition being a digitally recording thus NO QUALITY LOSS at all. Included is a sectional menu on the DVD for each Episode and the various promos and commercial regarding the BTM Series with Duran Duran. Below is a DETAILED description of BOTH episodes for your consideration a true must have for any Duran Duran Devotee.
- Behind The Music 3/30/99: Commercial (:30) “This Sunday” (Version 1)
- Teen Idols Marathon 11/99: Commercial (:30) “Featuring Premiere of Duran Duran”
- Behind The Music 4/4/98: Commercial (:30) “Tonight” (Version 2)
- Behind The Music 4/4/99: Commercial (:30) “Next” (Version 3)
- Behind The Music 4/4/99: Commercial (:30) “Coming Up Next” (Version 4)
- Behind The Music Duran Duran Original Air Date 4/4//99: (Season 2, Episode 24) Documentary (All commercials edited out) Includes Interviews with Simon Le Bon, John Taylor, Russell Mulcahy (DD’s Music Video Director), Nick Rhodes, Denis O’Reagan (DD’s Photographer), Michael Berrow (DD’s Manager 1980-1985), Paul Berrow (DD’s Manager 1980-1985), Stephen Duffy (Former Lead Singer of DD 1978-1979), Andy Taylor (Former Guitarist 1979-1986), Brad Elterman (DD’s Photographer), Anthony Price (Fashion Designer), Bryan Ferry, Nile Rogers (Record Producer), Richard Blade (DJ, KROQ Radio), Yasmin LeBon, Warren Cuccurullo, Joe Smith (Former President of Capitol/EMI Records), Lou Reed, Allison Anders (Sugartown Filmmaker), Madeleine Farley (Writer, Nick Rhodes’ Girlfriend) (Total Length: 43:52)
- VH1 Classic’s Behind The Music Duran Duran REMASTERED 11/20/10: (All commercials edited out) The original Behind The Music Episode as seen above aired OVER eleven and a half years ago. This “Remastered” edition is not just an “updated” version as some other episodes of the “remastered” series have proven to be. This Remastered episode of Duran Duran has been completely produced with NEW footage by over 35% to 40% of the entire episode. The Remastered episode contains NEW interviews from 2010 from Simon, Nick, John and Roger Taylor who originally declined to be interviewed for the original episode in 1999. Ironically Andy Taylor was the one this time around who declined to be interviewed for this “Remastered” 2010 edition of Behind The Music: Duran Duran. This episode (unlike the original) address Duran’s continuing career covering the years of Pop Trash and then the split with Warren and how the original members came tgether to risk it all with an original band line up in the early 2000’s that lead to the release of Astronaut. Following that is more new footage regarding the Red Carpet Massacre release right up to the new single “All You Need Is now”. Over all both episodes together encompass a more complete look at the band. Both episodes from 1999 and 2010 have footage as well as interviews that the other episode does NOT have. Other NEW interviews in this “Remastered” edition NOT in the original episode include: Mark Ronson (Producer), James McMahon (Features Editor New Musical Express), Wendy Laister (Duran’s Manager), Jason Nevins (Producer & Re-Mixer), Don Ienner (Former Chairman Sony Music), Rob Sheffield (Author & Journalist)