1. The 2015 Rock & Roll 30th Annual Induction Ceremony 04/18/15: Show opening, CLEVELAND, Ohio – It can be a strange and fantastic thing to see rock stars humbled. But that’s exactly where the members of Green Day found themselves on Saturday night. Billie Joe Amstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool felt truly honored to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, each delivering moving speeches. But not without a little humor first: “I’d like to thank the Ford Motor Company for creating the Ford Econoline, the best damn touring van a band could ask for,” joked bassist Mike Dirnt. Before Dirnt and his bandmates spoke, Fall Out Boy inducted Green Day. The pop-punk band gave Green Day credit for bringing a new era of punk rock to the mainstream. “Without Green Day, there’s no us,” said Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy, in inducting the band. “All of these bands that had really big success on radio, they really kicked in the door for us.” Once Green Day hit the stage, things got emotional. Armstrong began to tear up when thanking his wife for her support. He also thanked his mother for raising him as the youngest of six kids. “My record collection is actually sitting in this room,” Armstrong said of seeing his idols like Paul McCartney and Patti Smith.D irnt and Armstrong, in particular, have a close bond, They’ve known each other since elementary school. “Mike, you are my musical soul mate,” Armstrong said. “I love you so much and I thank you so much for your friendship.” Armstrong also pointed out John Kiffmeyer, the drummer of Sweet Children (Green Day before Green Day), who performed with the band during its House of Blues show in Cleveland. The same goes for Operation Ivy’s Tim Armstrong, who was in attendance both on Saturday, as well as Thursday. If there is an unofficial member of Green Day, it is Rob Cavallo. The brilliant producer worked on almost all of Green Day’s records. Armstrong called Cavallo a kindred spirit. “I love rock and roll and I love it for the rest of my life,” Armstrong said, closing out the speeches. Green Day then hit the stage, opening their set with a riotous version of “American Idiot.” The band followed that up with “When I Come Around,” its big single from “Dookie.” Last up was “Basket Case” and its unmistakeable opening question: “Do you have the time to listen to me whine…?” The 1990s’ brand of punk-rock has taken over the Rock Hall. Later in the program Billy Joe joins Ringo Star and a cast of musicians from the ceremony to perform “With a Little Help From My Friends” and “I Wanna Be Your Man”
2. The American Music Awards 11/20/16: performed their new single “Bang Bang” and gave the awards show its most explicitly political moment in a night full of less-than-favorable nods to president-elect Trump.It’s funny to think that Green Day — once the symbol of snarling youthful rebellion — are now elder statesmen in 2016. But if they’re aging, they’re doing it loudly: “Bang Bang” packs a punk punch, and toward the end of their performance, they debuted some vicious additional lyrics to the Revolution Radio track.
3. Dick Clark’s New Years Rockin’ Eve12/31/19: Opening and Green Day perform “When I Come Around and later in the show perform the new song “Father of All…” live
4. The Ellen DeGeneres Show 02/07/20: The band make a pizza with guest hosts Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg then later in the show the band perform “Oh Yeah”
5. Fox Presents the iHeart Living Room Concert for America 3/29/20: Opening and Billie Joe performs and acoustic version “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” from his home, amazing.
6. The Late Late Show with James Corden 02/20/20: Opening and Green Day backstage at the head of the show. Later in the show the entire band is interviewed and for the finale the band perform “Oh Yeah” that samples Joan Jett and The Blackhearts “ Do You Wanna Touch Me”
7. One World: Together at Home 04/18/20: Opening and Billie Joe performs and acoustic version “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” from his home, amazing.
8. Jimmy Kimmel Live 04/20/21: Billie Joe is interviewed. Billy discusses his new audible original entitled “welcome to my panic” a story that is about his life through music
9. Global Citizens Live 09/26/21: “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” LIVE
10. Rock Legends Season 1 Episode 4 02/17/13: The story of Green Day, who first appeared on the California punk scene as the band Sweet Children. Friends Billy Joe Armstrong and Mike Dirnt formed the group when they were only 15, playing gigs across the state, and they were still going strong in 2013, when this profile was filmed.