GUNS ‘N ROSES “The Early Days” The Video Archives 1988-2000 Volume I
1. MTV Rockumentary 1989: Band Profile and In-depth interview with all members of the band. Included are some very early interview clips from various years. (22:09)
2. The 1988 MTV Video Music awards 9/7/88: Welcome to the Jungle (LIVE) introduced by Sam Kinison (4:56)
3. MTV’s Rock in Rio 1/91: Mr. Brownstone and Patience (LIVE) (10:52)
4. The 1991 MTV Video Music Awards 9/6/91: Opening, Live and Let Die (LIVE) (3:54)
5. A Concert for Life: “A Tribute to Freddie Mercury” 4/20/92: Paradise City, Knockin on Heavens Door, Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen with Axl Rose and Elton John), We Will Rock You (Queen with Axl Rose) and We are the Champions (All special guests including Guns ‘n Roses come out to sing for the finale) (LIVE) (31:34)
6. The American Music Awards 01/27/91: Yesterdays (LIVE) (3:33)
7. FOX New Years Eve LIVE 12/31/91: Live and Let Die (LIVE from St. Petersburg, Florida at the Suncoast Dome) (3:28) RARE
8. MTV New Years Rock ‘n Roll Ball 12/31/91: You Should Be Mine and Don’t Cry (LIVE from St. Petersburg, Florida at the Suncoast Dome) (10:27) RARE
9. MTV’s Opening Act (Pre-Show for the VMA’s) 9/9/92: In-depth Interview with Axl Rose (7:57)
10. The 1992 MTV Video Music Awards 9/9/92: Opening, Brian & Roger of Queen present to GNR of the “Video Vanguard” Award and November Rain (featuring Elton John) LIVE (12:40)
11. The 1992 Billboard Music Awards 12/09/92: GNR are presented “Best Selling Group Award” with acceptance speech from Slash (at hios hotel room in Argentina) and You Could Be Mine (LIVE in Argentina) (6:30)
12. MTV News 1515 “A Retrospective Look” 2000: This program airs some of the FIRST MTV News segments that ever aired on GNR in 1988 (2:53)
TOTAL RUNNING TIME 2 HOURS, 1 MINUTE, 6 SECONDS
GUNS ‘N ROSES “The Early 90’s Live” The Video Archives Volume II
Guns ‘n Roses LIVE in Paris, France September 1992 at The Hippodrome De Vincennes with Special Guests Steven Tylar, Joe Perry (Aerosmith)& Lenny Kravitz
1. It’s So Easy
2. Mr. Brownstone
3. Live and Let Die
4. Civil War
5. Title Unknown
6. Always on the Run (with special Guest Lenny Kravitz)
7. Wild Horses
9. You Could Be Mine
10. November Rain
11. Sweet Child of Mine
12. Inroduction of the band and Matt Sorum Drum Solo followed by solos from Duff and Slash
13. Welcome to the Jungle
14. Don’t Cry
15. Knockin on Heaven’s Door
16. Train Kept a Rollin’(Special Guest Steven Tyler & Joe Perry)
17. Mama Keen (Special Guest Steven Tyler & Joe Perry)
18. Paradise City
TOTAL RUNNING TIME 2 HOURS, 3 MINUTE, 8 SECONDS
GUNS ‘N ROSES The Video Archives 2004-2007 Volume III
1. A&E’s Biography 2007: This one-hour documentary explores the seminal hard rock band of the ‘80s, Guns ‘N Roses. The episode retraces the band’s musical roots and features interviews with Aerosmith’s Joe Perry, Metallica’s Lars Ulrich as well as past GN’R band members. It also includes rare tour footage shot by renowned photographer Robert John and still photography by iconic rock and roll photographer, Neil Zlozower.
2.. VH1 Documentary Series BEHIND THE MUSIC 5th of July 2004: GUNS N’ ROSES. Guns N’ Roses emerged from thicket of the hair metal jungle on Hollywood’s Sunset Strip in the mid-80s and single-handedly reinvented rock and roll with righteous riffs and a real and present element of danger. Songs like “Welcome to the Jungle” and “Paradise City” were not merely rebellious anthems; they were autobiographical snapshots of a band that lived and worked on the edge. The band’s exploits became as notorious as its music as members dabbled with drugs, booze and other forms of debauchery.
Guns’ 1987 debut, Appetite for Destruction, struck a raw nerve – enrapturing teens and enraging parents. Thanks to arena-ready tunes like “Jungle” and “Sweet Child O Mine,” the album would become one of the most successful debuts ever, selling more than 14 million copies worldwide.
Led by vocalist Axl Rose, Guns were a magnet for controversy – be it album covers, song lyrics, or bad behavior. And even as the band was quickly rising up the pop music food chain, internal struggles always threatened to tear the band apart. Original drummer Steven Adler was fired for his losing battle with heroin in 1990. Founding guitarist Izzy Stradlin would leave soon thereafter.
In spite of the turmoil, after the 1991 release of Use Your Illusion I and II Guns N’ Roses were the biggest, baddest band in the world, with expensive videos and elaborate stage show to match. Guns stayed on the road to support Illusion for two and a half years, tours that were marred by tragedy – riots in St. Louis and Montreal – Axl showing up hours late or not at all. Founding members Slash and Duff McKagen dealt with Axl’s unpredictable behavior by drinking the frustration away. Soon after they got off the road in 1993, Guns N’ Roses disappeared into the world of rock myth. Band members came and went, with the only constant being the mercurial Axl Rose. A decade later, the world still awaits the follow-up to Illusion.
(PROFESSIONALLY EDITED AND NO COMMERCIALS)