1. Saturday Night Live 2009: Madonna and Lady Gaga faced off on Saturday Night Live this week. Gaga was the musical guest, the show host was Ryan Reynolds. Halfway through the “Deep House Dish” sketch, about a fake music talk show, Gaga and special guest Madonna came out to perform together, looking shockingly identical from behind. The hair pulling. Gaga’s second music performance, a piano-based medley of her hits, as well as a touch of new song “Bad Romance.” The piano version was played by Gaga while balancing on the piano stool and holding one leg up in the air. Rapper Kid Cudi joined her then to perform his song “Make Her Say” which contains a sample of “Poker Face”
2. The 52nd Annual Grammy Awards 01/31/10: Lady Gaga got the prime spot for the awards show – the very first one. I guess they did that for two reasons – one, she’s the hottest thing out there. -two if she does anything controversial there will be two more hours of programming for people to watch and forget about what she does. After a very strange introduction (I guess not really strange for Gaga) she sang Poker Face and then was dropped down a chute labeled “REJECTED” only to appear a few seconds later playing dueling piano’s with Elton John. Just as they start singing ‘Speechless’ she shouted out “Take a picture of me Hollywood!” Elton, who is no stranger to outlandish costumes donned face paint, a huge nucleus shaped earring and a pair of Gagaesque rhinestone studded glasses during their performance that mixed Speechless with lyrics from John’s hit ‘Your Song’. Lady La Ga wins awards.
3. CNN Larry King Llive 06/26/10: King dressed in black and white with his usual glasses, tie, suspenders and slicked back hair. So did Gaga. In fact, her entire outfit seemed to be a photographic negative of King’s. When called “Lady Gaga,” she offered to call the host “King Larry.” They settled on Larry and Gaga, later joking about palling around as “The King And The Lady.” During a wide-ranging interview, the pair covered the singer’s career and coronation as pop royalty. In the first segment, they discussed her name, how she started performing, her odd jobs before she hit it big, being “borderline positive” for lupus, and her icons — as well as her thoughts on death and desire to be thought of as an icon when her time comes.
4. Stafford England’s V Fest 2009 09/07/09: Lady Gaga played a disappointing show to the V Festival crowd, with a late appearance and a finish mid song during Pokerface at which time she said “”I’m so sorry, but I have to go. I’m so sorry, but I love you so much,” before taking a bow and leaving the stage for the final time. Lady GaGa played: ‘Paparazzi’ and’ Poker Face’
5. The Glastonbury Festival 05/25/09 (Aired 03/01/09: Friday Lady GaGa performs Poker Face which was a major part of Gaga’s performance in her first headlining Fame Ball tour as the opening number of the setlist. She wore a silver and black short skirt like a tutu and shaped like peplum on both sides. She was surrounded by her dancers holding plates which were encrusted with crystals and completely hid them. The stage was surrounded by mechanical fog and heavy lighting was being emitted from the background.
6. MTV LIVE World Stage aka “Isle of MTV Malta Special” 07/08/09: Lady GaGa Live in Malta. Performs an open air concert. Includes the songs: Paparazzi, LoveGames, Beautiful, Dirty, Rich, Just Dance and Poker Face
7. The 2009 MTV Video Music Awards 9/14/09: Opening, host Russell Brand makes a funny joke about Lady GaGa. The singer’s costume changes weren’t nearly as shocking as her VMA performance of “Paparazzi” which ended with Gaga bloodied and dangling from the ceiling. Lady GaGa is presented with the “Best New Artist” award to Lady Gaga, who accepted her prize in a red lace dress with red hair. That was only one of several outfits Gaga flaunted throughout the night.
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 1 HOUR 52 MINUTES
There are no reviews yet.