Released exclusively on the long since discontinued and deleted formats of VHS and LaserDisc, the following has NEVER been released on DVD until NOW!
This REMASTERED DVD is sourced directly from the original high quality LaserDisc to DVD for the first time ever! Quality is unmatched as it transferred from the long since deleted LaserDisc from OVER THIRTY years ago.
Background: The music video, interview and live performance compilation was issued on VHS in 1991 in the US with a separate release in Europe and Australia in the PAL format. There was only one LaserDisc format released exclusively in the USA the same year. There are no other known releases of this compilation in any other format in the world.
The LaserDisc included a digitally remastered soundtrack. It’s important to note that this particular LaserDisc release had been Digitally Remastered For Optimum Sound Quality from analog to CX plus digital audio tracks. Features original uncompressed audio from the original LaserDisc soundtrack bringing true fidelity of the original recordings. This specific 1991 LaserDisc release is the ONLY release worldwide that included the digital remastered soundtrack. This exclusive remaster to DVD is sourced from that very same LaserDisc from 1991 in the USA.
Some audiophiles and sound purists argue that unless the remastering process includes completely “lossless” compression of audio that no matter how it may be converted/processed, it still is compressed audio thus producing some say a more audibly muddled sound. This is due to the lessening of the dynamic range between the loudest and quietest parts of the audio signal thus producing some distortion and a clipping audio effect. The DVD offered here is sourced from the LaserDisc with a digitally remastered soundtrack of the singles and all of the live performances from back in 1991 featured here. Because of the large 12 inch size of the LaserDisc format it can easily support the amount of physical space required to successfully playback large uncompressed sound and in this case even digitally remastered in uncompressed form. This Remastered DVD features the original completely uncompressed digitally remastered audio recording allowing the original true recorded mix to come alive as it was originally intended to be heard in optimum sound quality. This original mix featured with completely uncompressed audio is exclusively preserved here and available in it’s original intended state of production for the very first time on DVD. The rare American release of the LaserDisc was sourced for the REMASTERING of this DELUXE EDITION DVD.
Still to this day, this vintage music video collection/live performances has NEVER been officially released in ANY COUNTRY on DVD until NOW! So here, offered in the best possible quality, available for the first time ever is the REMASTERED from LaserDisc to DVD for all you Marky Mark / Mark Wahlberg fans!
Another original offer from your team at MVR!
Description: If you like actor Mark Wahlberg, known more famously in the music industry as Marky Mark, then this collection was made for you. This collection not only contains various live performances from the group but also goes behind the scenes that bring you closer to the man behind the music. It’s important to note that this collection is not intended for children as it is uncensored in some areas of dialogue. Still a compelling piece of music history from the early 90s especially when you consider who the lead is….Plus exclusively adult additional music videos not found in the original collection that will not only fill in the gaps by bringing it more up to date, but will include the last known video in our “EXCLUSIVE BONUS MUSIC VIDEOS (Previously Unreleased)” section following the original collection of this one-of-a-kind DVD. Also included is a menu with chapters selections for all of the bonus music videos.
DVD Menu divides content as “Side 1” and “Side 2” to mimic the content style of the original LaserDisc
1. “Interviews”: This segment includes a press conference with Mark in Helsinki, Finland during the tour that is interspersed with rare footage of an in-store record signing also in Helsinki.
2. Wild Side (Music Video)
3. “Interviews / Behind The Scenes”: This segment includes more from the Helsinki press conference with Mark as he explains collaborating with his brother Donnie on evolving his rap style. The segment also includes where backstage footage of Marks brother Donnie introducing the band. Footage of the opening of the concert tour, lots of dancing lots of screaming and then Mark performs
5. “Marky Mark Is Here” Live Version (this performance is a video montage of various performances of this specific song throughout the tour)
6. Backstage: behind the scenes footage on the tour bus with Marky Mark as he raps in front Kathy McLaughlin who is the tour manager of the New Kids On The Block and Mark’s aunt. Pretty funny stuff here. More footage goofing off on the tour bus listening to “OPP” and playing foosball with Donnie along with Backstage before the big show when they pray together as a group. What song is this
7. “Music For The People” Live Version
8. Backstage: Interviews with Joe Stick, Ashey Ace, Scottie-Gee, D.J.-T, Hector “The Bootie Inspector”. Following is footage of Mark at his hotel room in Paris, France during the same tour. Visuals of the band leaving the hotel and signing autographs for the French fans and the band forwarding to a local gym. There’s some work out for the cheer Marky Mark and then the band returning to the hotel amidst screaming fans. Backstage footage in France while Mark is being interviewed while Mark is being interviewed about how well all members work together as they’ve known each other for years and come from the same neighborhood.
9. Good Vibrations (Music Video)
10. “Concert Footage / Behind The Scenes / Interviews”: the segment begins with Marky Mark leaving the tour bus in France amongst fans. Footage of vocal coach Lawrence Hamilton helping the band harmonize backstage for their backing vocals for the song “Wild Side”
11. “Wild Side” Live Version
12. Interview: mark discusses real life inspiration for the person behind the story of the song called “Wild Side”
13. The Making Of “I Need Money” Music Video includes more from the same interview above but this time discussing the production of the music video
14. I Need Money (Music Video)
15. Backstage: footage of Donnie and Mark prior to the show. Band members show the free gear that they got from Adidas followed by quick funny interview with the band members before going on stage
16. “Good Vibrations” Live Version
17. Backstage home video footage: Little Laneah Menies who was in the “Wild Side” video says hello back stage. More funny antics with the band and Mark is asking what about “what’s better sex or music?” …..what was the answer…. Mark claims he’s a virgin lol and then introduces Father Flavin. Footage of Mark and Danny’s since deceased mother wonderful moment. More photos of the band including introduction of B-DOG who is in charge of security for the band. Backstage footage of Mark signing autographs for fans
18. Concert Footage an additional song live
19. Interviews with Marky Mark discussing how Donnie was actually the one who set up all the musicians and auditioned them for what would be a group that would tour the world. Includes here are introductions of the actual musicians of the band including Bass Player Troy Antunes, Saxophone player Mitch Fortier, Frank Reis, Producer Larry Thomas, David Cole, percussionist John Johnson. Finally footage of the band sang in the circle having a quick prayer before their life performance.
20. “Make Me Say Ooh!” Live Version
21. “Music For The People” (Alternate Performance Version 2)
22. Final interview with Mark
Duration: 1 Hour 2 Minutes
Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch
Anthony ‘Ace’ Thomas
Mark Wahlberg (as Marky Mark)
Sourced courtesy of Jmac
EXCLUSIVE BONUS MUSIC VIDEOS (Previously Unreleased)
11. You Gotta Believe
12. Gonna Have a Good Time
13. Going To Gotta A Good Believe (a music video mash up of “You Gotta Believe” and “Gonna Have A Good Time”)
14. Marky Mark Ft. Jan Van Der Toorn – Hey DJ (Original Uncensored Version 1)
Total Running Time of The Remaster & EXCLUSIVE BONUS MUSIC VIDEOS: 1 Hour 18 Minutes