Released exclusively on the long since discontinued and deleted formats of VHS, Betamax, Video 8, VHD and LaserDisc, the following has NEVER been released on DVD until NOW!
This REMASTERED DVD is sourced directly from the original high quality LaserDisc to DVD for the first time ever! Quality is unmatched as it transferred from the long since deleted LaserDisc from OVER THIRTY EIGHT years ago.
Background: The original release date this concert was in the year of 1985 in though the concert was shot six years earlier in 1979. The video was first released in short form with a running time about 31 minutes in 1979 under the title “At The Apollo”. After Tina’s comeback, it was also released as a one hour concert on LaserDisc under the title “Wild Lady of Rock“ and later as a re-issue in 1994 as “Queen of Rock’n Roll“.
This rare concert was issued on LaserDisc format only in US, Germany and Japan. The VHS was also released in the US. There are no other known releases of this concert in any other format in the world. The rare USA release of the LaserDisc was sourced for the REMASTERING of this DVD. Still to this day, this vintage concert has NEVER been officially released in ANY COUNTRY on DVD until NOW! So here, offered in the best possible quality, available for the first time ever is the REMASTERED from LaserDisc to DVD for all of you who love Ms. Tina!
Another original offer from your team at MVR!
Description: The hour-long concert special features the indefatigable legend hammering out some of her best known tunes, including, “Proud Mary” “Fever“, “Acid Queen” and “Nutbush City Limits“. “in the rowdiest raunchiest lady on stage – assaulting with her buzz–saw voice, seducing with her oozing and burning sensuality and overpowering with her raw energy and sheer dynamism. Feel the brute force of Tina LIVE in this explosive performance at Harlem’s legendary Apollo theater”.
It’s interesting note that the last part of that description contains a misnomer. She did not perform this in Harlem New York’s Apollo theater. In fact this was shot at another Apollo theater in London. The 1994 reissue entitled “Wild Lady of Rock” contains the following description.
“Wild Lady of Rock is the long version of Tina’s first solo home video with a concert from London’s Apollo Theatre, recorded on March 25, 1979. Dressed in Bob Mackie costumes and supported by four dancers, Tina performed several cover versions of popular songs, some old ones from Ike & Tina and some new tracks from her solo records “Rough” and “Love Explosion”.
Recorded Live at The Apollo Theater in London, England on the 25th of March 1979
DVD Menu divides content as “Side 1” and “Side 2” to mimic the content style of the original LaserDisc
1. Bitch Is Back 2:34 Written by Elton John, Bernie Taupin
2. Crazy Cajon Cakewalk Band 4:24 Written by L. Vegas, P. Vegas, J. Ford
3. Hot Legs 3:00 Written by Gary Grainger, Rod Stewart
4. Nutbush City Limits 3:07 Written by Tina Turner
5. River Deep Mountain High 3:52 Written by Phil Spector, Jeff Barry, Ellie Greenwich
6. The Woman I’m Supposed To Be 3:28 Written by C. Wade
7. I’ve Been Loving You Too Long 3:24 Written by Otis Redding, J. Butler
8. I Can’t Turn You Loose 2:12 Written by Otis Redding
9. Don’t Leave Me This Way 2:18 Written by Kenneth Gamble, Leon Huff, Cary Gilbert
10. Givin’ Up 2:25 Written by Jerry Lynn Williams
11. Fever 2:07 Written by Eddie Cooley, John Davenport
12. Disco Inferno 2:48 Written by Leroy Green, Ron Kersey
13. Music Keeps Me Dancing 1:22 Written by Lenny Macaluso, Pat Summerson
14. Help Me Make It Through The Night 3:13 Written by Kris Kristofferson
15. Everyone’s A Winner 4:43 Written by E. Brown
16. Root Toot Undisputable Rock ‘n Roller 3:18 Written by G. Jackson
17. You Don’t Bring Me Flowers Anymore 2:51 Written by Alan & Marilyn Bergman
18. Sometimes When We Touch 3:30 Written by D. Hill, B. Mann
19. Rock ‘n Roll Medley 4:34 It’s Gonna Work Out Fine, A Fool In Love, Honky Tonk Women, Acid Queen, I Want To Take You Higher, Le Freak, Proud Mary, Music Keeps Me Dancin’
20. Music Keeps Me Dancin’ (reprise)
Total Running Time: 60 Minutes