The following Worldwide Video Archives of Robert Palmer includes footage from as early as 1978 to 2003. The source of the archives consists of footage from all over the world including but not limited to: USA, UK and Germany.
Robert Palmer The Video Archives 1978-1986 Volume I
1. VH-1 The Best of American Bandstand Original Air Date 5/13/78: Opening and Every Kind of People (Performance- Re-Broadcast 1/1/96) and Interview
2. VH-1 The Best of Midnight Special 10/5/79: Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor)
3. Germany TV The Beat Club 1980: Looking For Clues (Performance)
4. The Making of Powerstation Spring 1985: This in-depth Documentary exposes the recording sessions of the classic Powerstation LP in New York. In-depth interviews with Robert and all other band members including Producer, the late Bernard Edwards. Robert discusses working with John,& Andy Taylor of Duran Duran and Tony Thompson Drummer originally from disco group Chic. Also included is the original World Premiere of Some Like It Hot Music Video.
5. Entertainment Tonight Spring 1985: Interview with The Powerstation including Robert, John Taylor and Tony Thompson.
6. LOCAL NYC TV NEWS Live At Five Summer 1985: Interview with Andy & Robert Palmer (Local New York T.V. only RARE)
7. Saturday Night Live Spring 1985: Opening, Some Like It Hot (Live), Get It On (Live), Ending Segment w/Cast *Only public performance Robert Palmer did with The Powerstation and closing segment
8. MTV In-Studio Interview 1985: Robert and John showed up at the MTV studios and Martha Quinn interviewed them about Powerstation RARE
9. America’s Top Ten 1985: Interview with John Taylor & Robert Palmer
10. M-TV Music News May 1985: John & Robert Palmer Announce Live-Aid Event. This segment is historical because it was the first time MTV broadcasted the possibility of planning of Live Aid.
11. M-TV Music News June 1985: Robert Palmer declines Powerstation tour Interview with John Taylor (as he discusses Robert’s split from the band) & M. DesBarres
12. U.K.Television Fall 1985: Interview with Robert Palmer shortly after his departure from Powerstation
13. The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson 1986: Addicted To Love and Hyperactive LIVE
14. MTV “VMA Pre-Show Highlights Special” 8/86: In-Depth interview with Robert as he discusses his four nominations and making Addicted To Love music video.
15. The 1986 MTV Video Music Awards 9/86: Addicted to Love (Live), Robert (In Los Angeles) presents via satellite Madonna (in New York) the first ever Video Vanguard Award and Robert receives award for Best Male Video and gives his reaction.
16. Night Life Summer 1986: Interview with Robert (Part 1 of 2), Addicted To Love (Performance), Interview with Robert (Part 2 of 2)
17. Night Life Fall 1986: I Didn’t Mean To Turn You On (Performance) This segment was shot at the same time as segment #16 but was shown months later.
18. MTV Guest VJ Hour with Robert Palmer 10/1986: Robert for the hour plays his favorite videos and comments on them. Robert chooses an eclectic bunch of videos ranging from AC/DC to Depeche Mode and This Mortal Coil. ALL music videos are edited out of this version. Scenes included are only with Robert Palmer. Robert also interviews Chaka Khan
TOTAL RUNNING TIME 1 HOUR 59 MINUTES
Robert Palmer The Video Archives 1986-1991 Volume II
19. USA Network “Cover Story” Summer 1986: In depth Interview with Robert Palmer and scenes from hi first Live show
20. Solid Gold 6/14/86: Addicted To Love (Performance) Nearly complete
21. The Soul Session: James Brown & Friends 1987: Robert discusses joining Aretha and Joe Cocker on this once in a lifetime occasion. Robert Palmer Duets with James Brown on I Feel Good and Try Me, Robert Solo sings Addicted To Love with James Brown’s Band. Robert returns for finale to join in on Living In America
22. MTV Music News 06/07/88: Robert Palmer discusses new video “Simply Irresistible” in Geneva, Switzerland
23. Entertainment Tonight 07/10/88: Robert Palmer In-Depth Interview on new LP Heavy Nova
24. MTV Music News 07/30/88: Robert Palmer Profile & interview from same session as segment #22
25. MTV’s Full Tilt 01/19/90: Robert Palmer Out Take from interviews #’s 22 & 24
26. Late Night with David Letterman 7/15/88: Simply Irresistible (Live)
27. MTV presents Smile Jamaica 10/23/88: This benefit concert aired only once on MTV and Robert performs She Makes My Day (Live)
28. BET’s Video Soul 04/19/89: In-depth Interview with Robert Palmer and “I Feel Good” (Live with James Brown). Robert comments on working with James Brown.
29. The 1st International Rock Awards 05/01/89: Tell Me I’m Not Dreaming and Simply Irresistible (Live)
30. Late Night with David Letterman 05/02/89: Bad Case Of Loving You (Live)
31. Robert Palmer in Concert 1992: You’re My Thrill, It Could Happen To You, Between Us, Hot Head, Ridin’ High and She Make My Day
32. The Arsenio Hall Show 1991: Robert sings an incredible version of the Marvin Gaye’s classic Mercy, Mercy Me/I Want You (Live). This in my opinion is one of the best performances (if not the) in the entire collection. Don’t miss this. Also there is an fairly long in-depth interview with Robert afterwards discussing the difficulty of covering a Marvin Gaye song.
TOTAL RUNNING TIME 2 HOURS
Robert Palmer The Video Archives 1995-2003 Volume III
33. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno 1995: Know By Now (Live) and Interview
34. The Power Station “Living in Fear” 1996: Electronic Press Kit In-Depth interviews with Robert, Andy Taylor and Tony Thompson. The all explain the how the reunion occurred, Producer’s Bernard Edwards sudden death shortly after the competition of the LP and behind the scenes of She Can Rock It Music Video.
35. U.K. Television Top of The Pops 9/1996: The Power Station (reunion), “She Can Rock It” (Live) – features Andy, Robert & Tony T.
36. VH-1’s Hard Rock Live 4/20/97: Live concert with Robert Palmer including Some Like It Hot, Sneakin’ Sally Through The Alley and Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor), Simply Irresistible and Addicted To Love completely LIVE
37. The Martin Short Show 9/99: True Love (Live with a choir), Interview, Simply Irresistible (Live) promoting Rhythm & Blues LP
38. The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn 9/99: Opening and In-depth interview promoting Rhythm & Blues LP and You’re Not The Only One (Live)
39. BBC America’s Later with Jools Holland 10/99: Opening, Stone Cold (Live with a choir), Interview with Robert and Twenty Million Things with Jools Holland on Piano only.
40. Access Hollywood 9/26/2003: Teaser, opening and News report on the tragic loss of a true genius Mr. Robert Palmer R.I.P. Includes interviews from 1997 and May 2003.
41. E News Weekend 9/26/2003: News report on the tragic loss of a true genius Mr. Robert Palmer R.I.P. Includes live footage from 1999
42. Trio Network “Song & Vision” at Wembley Stadium 1997: Show opening, Robert Palmer sings Bob Dylan’s classic “Like A Rolling Stone” with Seal and Jon Bon Jovi, Later Robert joins Rod Stewart, Jon Bon Jovi, Steve Winwood with the classic song from Elvis “Heartbreak Hotel”. Then cast finale including Robert Palmer all appear on stage to sing “Hey Jude” The Beatles classic.
VH1 Top Songs of the 80’s 2006: Robert Palmer’s Addicted To Love at #85. Small profile of the artist with interview clips from various years along with comments from other artists
GERMAN TV “Musik Laden” (The Beat Club) 1975 (Aired in USA 04/27/10): Pressure Drop LIVE
TOTAL RUNNING TIME 1 HOUR 40 MINUTES 21 SECONDS