The following Worldwide Video Archives includes footage from as early as 1985 to 2008. The source of the archives mostly consists of footage from the USA. Great find for any collector of Hip Hop History.
RUN-DMC Live Performances & Interviews Volume I of V
- MTV’s Liner Notes March 1985: Interview & profile of RUN-DMC
- RUN-DMC Live at The Ritz in New York City 6/12/85: Jam Master gets the party started right with some cuttin and then the raps include “It’s Like That”, “You Talk Too Much”, “King Of Rock”, “Rock Box” and “You’re Blind”
- Live Aid 7/13/85: RUN-DMC perform (short segment)
- MTV IRS The Cutting Edge 11/85: raps from RUN-DMC on a truck cruising Los Angeles
- MTV News 2/86: The first ever MTV report on the collaboration of RUN-DMC with Aerosmith for “Walk This Way” single includes footage from the original recording sessions
- MTV Music News 6/86: Raising Hell Tour Profile interviews include RUN-DMC, Beastie Boys and LL Cool J & Whodini
- MTV World Premiere of “Walk This Way” (Music video) and comments from original VJ Alan Hunter about the making of the video
- MTV’s Addicted to Style 6/86: RUN-DMC perform on the streets of NYC rapping about Fashion in New York City (RARE)
- MTV Rock Influences 7/86: It’s Like That (LIVE)
- MTV Commercial 1986: promo for RUN-DMC’s Guest VJ Hour. RUN-DMC perform a quick rap for the commercial
- MTV’s Guest VJ Hour with RUN-DMC 7/86: RUN-DMC hosts one hour of programming on MTV. Rare as it only aired once. Music Videos include “Rock Box”. Whodini “Freaks Come Out at Night”, Beastie Boys “She’s On It” and “King of Rock” (All Commercials are edited out)
- MTV Video Music Awards 9/86: Segment on hair styles. RUN-DMC are featured and tell a joke about there new hats
- MTV Top 20 Video Countdown 10/86: Jam Master Jay stage dives into the audience at a Beastie Boys concert
- MTV The Year In Rock 12/86: Profile on RUN-DMC includes behind the scenes of the recording of “Walk This Way” and “The Raising Hell Tour”
- MTV News 12/86: Tougher Then Leather movie to released
- MTV Hot Young Blood 11/86 :”Hot New Artists of 1986” segment is about RUN-DMC career in 1986
- American Music Awards 2/87: Walk This Way (LIVE)
- MTV’s Guest VJ Hour with Beastie Boys 3/87: Segment with Run making a quick rap on the “Beastie Cam”
- MTV In-Studio Interview 4/87: This interview aired ONLY ONE TIME and is very RARE. RUN-DMC discuss the making of It’s Tricky and also included is the world premiere of “It’s Tricky” (Music Video)
- The Morning Program 8/87: In-depth interview with RUN-DMC and discussion of new film “Tougher The Leather” interview by Dr. Ruth (classic)
- CBS News Nightwatch 8/87: In-Depth Interview with RUN-DMC and the Beastie Boys about Together Forever Tour and the controversy surrounding it. (MEGARARE)
- MTV Music News 10/87: RUN-DMC perform benefit anti-crack concert at Madison Square Garden. Included is footage from the concert
- MTV Video Music Awards 9/88: Walk This Way LIVE with Aerosmith
TOTAL RUNING TIME VOLUME I: 2 HOURS
RUN-DMC Live Performances & Interviews Volume II of V
- MTV Music News 9/87: Together Forever Tour ends in NYC includes interview with RUN-DMC
- MTV News Week In Rock 9/87: RUN-DMC comment on the tours finale
- 60th Annual Grammy Awards 2/88: RUN-DMC perform “Tougher The Leather”
- Video Music Box Commercial 1991: featuring RUN-DMC
- Late Night with David Letterman 1991: Beats To The Rhyme/Rock Box (LIVE)
- The History of Rock ‘n Roll 1997: Episode Ten “The Perfect Beat” Teaser with RUN-DMC, Opening, RUN-DMC are interviewed and profiled. Also interviewed are Rick Ruben and Russell Simmons
- The 1999 MTV Video Music Awards 9/99: Opening, Kid Rock performs Ling of Rock/Rock Box/Walk This Way with RUN-DMC and Aerosmith
- Profile Records Mini Documentary 2000: featuring a in-depth profile of RUN-DMC with an interview with RUN
- MTV 20 Almost Legal (the 20th Anniversary of MTV) 8/31/2001: Opening, RUN DMC perform a Hip Hop Medley with Salt & Pepa, Naught by Nature, Busta Rhymes and Puff Daddy then the entire cast comes out for a tribute to TuPac and B.I.G.
- VH1’s Say It Loud: Black Music In America 6/23/02: Profile on RUN-DMC
- VH1’s Ultimate Albums 6/23/02: Full length documentary on RUN-DMC and the creation of the LP Raising Hell
- VH1’s presents “The Eighties” (A Five Part Series) 12/2001: Part 3: Profile of RUN-DMC and new interviews from 2001
- VH1’s Top Eighty of the 80’s 2001: Profile on “Walk This Way” with interviews from RUN and the members of Aerosmith
- VH1’s Behind The Music 2002: Aerosmith Special, segment about Aerosmith’s collaboration with RUN-DMC on Walk This Way
- The 2002 MTV Video Music awards 8/29/02: RUN-DMC introduce P. Diddy
- MTV’s documentary series “Ultrasound” 1998: “Back In The Day” Documentary. Opening with comments from RUN. After each commercial break are individual comments from RUN-DMC. Also included is a full profile on RUN-DMC as they came up in the scene including in the segment are comments from Salt ‘N Pepa, Russell Simmons and interviews from ALL members of RUN-DMC
- The following segments are all local news reports that aired only in New York City and all aired only once. None of them are national so you can witness the local reporting on this tragedy in these segemnts and the ones that begin Volume III.
- Fox 5 News at Noon 10/31/02: Profile of RUN-DMC, Interview with Vibe Magazine. Report on JMJ influences many of today’s rappers, Interview with JMJ from March 2002.
- Eyewitness News at Noon 10/31/02: Report from Hollis, Queens reaction from fans and mention of official website and mini profile on JMJ.
- News 4 New York at Noon 10/31/02: Profile on JMJ, report from Hollis, visuals of fans praying outside studio were it happened on Merrick Boulevard, interview with friends and fans of JMJ and radio DJ’s.
- News 4 New York at 5 10/31/02: Report of connection of another threat to another rapper. Also included are past reports about JMJ in shooting incident. Visual of vigil outside of studio.
- Channel 2 News at 6:00PM: Report from JMJ vigil outside of studio
- Fox 5 News at 6:00 PM 10/30/02: Report from JMJ vigil outside of studio, profile of JMJ, interview with childhood friends and former Body Guard. Profile of RUN-DMC including the “firsts” of any rap band. Quotes from radio listeners as they discuss the tragedy.
TOTAL RUNNING TIME VOLUME II: 2 HOURS 2 MINUTES
RUN-DMC Live Performances & Interviews Volume III of V
- Channel 11 News at 11:00PM 10/31/02: Then full report on the shooting of JMJ at the studio working on LP for “Rusty Waters”. Interview with Police Commissioner and report of connection of another threat to another rapper. Russell Simmons quells rumors of another “East Coast, West Coast War.” Fans and recording industry react to the tragedy, report from JMJ vigil outside of studio. Beastie Boys Mike D releases a statement.
- News 4 New York at 11 10/31/02: Report of connection of another threat to another rapper. Report from 103rd Prescient in Jamaica, Queens. Interview with Police Commissioner. Interview with fans and reaction from the recording industry and profile of JMJ
- MTV VH1 and VH1Classic all have the same acknowledgment posting one is included in the segment.
- Saturday Night Live 11/02/02: Jay Z performs in tribute to JMJ by wearing RUN-DMC’s recent tour shirt.
- Channel 11 News at 10 11/05/02: “Heartbrealing Farewell” Report from the funeral of JMJ. Includes footage outisde church in queens, visuals of RUN and DMC, EPMD, Salt and Pepa are interviewed
- Fox 5 News at 10 11/05/02: Teaser of report on JMJ’s funeral and then Report from the funeral of JMJ visual outside church.
- VH1 Special Documentary “RUN-DMC & Jam Master Jay, The Last Interview” 11/03/02: All interviews were shot in August of 2002 during RUN-DMC’s Tour celebrating 20 years in rap music. Includes interviews with all members (from August 2002) and Russell Simmons. Footage from the tour in August. After first break there is a acknowledgment posting one new one is included in the segment a type of tribute. Mostly this is a profile/retrospective
- VH1 Behind The Music 2001: In-depth profile of RUN-DMC with interviews from both past and present (2001). Also included are interviews from producer Rick Rubin, rappers Chuck D, LL Cool J, Biographer Bill Adler and Russell Simmons. Footage from the recording sessions for Crown Royal. A lot of clips of archive footage that are all seen (in their entirety) in the previous volumes above.
- “RUN-DMC: THE KINGS OF RAP (1997 DOCUMENTARY): In-depth interview with all members of the group who explain in their June 1997 interview about coming up in the rap game.
- VH1’s Big In 2002 12/2002: Tribute to JMJ of RUN-DMC
TOTAL RUNNING TIME VOLUME III: 2 HOURS 2 MINUTES
RUN-DMC Live Performances & Interviews Volume IV of V 2006-2011
56. VH1 Classic Hangin’ With Daryl McDaniels 03/30/06: DMC discusses his inspiration behind his new CD Checks, Thugs and Rock’N Roll. Also included are RUN-DMC music videos D. M. C. featuring Sarah M. “Just Like Me” & RUN-DMC “It’s Tricky” CBS Sunday morning 06/04/06: In-Depth Interview/Profile Daryl McDaniels
58. VH1’s Hip Hop Honors 10/12/04: Opening, Vivica A. Fox introduces Sean P. Diddy Combs who then introduces a profile of RUN-DMC. Then Beastie Boys cover a RUN-DMC Hit Medley of Old School tracks with Dougy Fresh.
59. VH1’s Top 100 Songs of The 80’s 10/2006: Walk This Way #9. Includes interview with DMC & RUN
60. TruTV Hollywood Heat 03/18/08: The death and conspiracy of Jam Master Jay
61. E Channel The 20 Most Shocking Unsolved Crimes 04/27/08: The death and conspiracy of Jam Master Jay at #19 Ice Cube is interviewed.
62. E Top 20 Most Shocking Unsolved Crimes 2011: At #19 is the murder of Jam Master Jay. Includes interviews with Daryl Mac commenting on the murder and Jam Master Jay from 1999
63. Ovation DMC: Walk This Way (Documentary) 2011: a documentary that tells the story of Darry “DMC” McDaniels. The flick traces DMC’s history as one-third of Run-DMC and how the group became one of Hip Hop’s first mainstream success stories. The doc also reveals his struggles with alcoholism, the loss of his voice and how he managed to overcome the obstacles. Rappers and DJs who appear in the film include Ice-T, Eminem, MC Lyte, Melle Mel, Grandmaster Caz, Mix Master Mike, Z-Trip and more.
TOTAL RUNNING TIME ONE HOUR FORTY NINE MINUTES
RUN-DMC Live Performances & Interviews Volume V of V 2009
64. 2 Turntables and a Microphone… Jam Master Jay 12/01/09: Legendary hip-hop DJ Jason Mizell, aka Jam Master Jay, is gunned down in his Queens studio. Security tapes of the incident mysteriously disappear, the five witnesses are uncooperative and no one is talking…until now. 2 Turntables and a Microphone documents the investigation of the unsolved murder of Jam Master Jay, RUN- DMC’s groundbreaking DJ and producer, deftly revealing the history of hip-hop and mainstream rap along the way. Exclusive, candid interviews with 50 Cent, Ja Rule, Russell Simmons, RUN-DMC, LL Cool J, The Game, and more offer insight into Jam Master Jay’s life – including information that could finally help police solve the murder that shook the music world to its core.