The following Worldwide Video Archives of Spandau Ballet and Tony Hadley as a solo artist includes footage from as early as 1981 to as recent as 2015. The source of the archives consists of footage from around the world including but not limited to the UK, USA, Italy, Ireland and the Philipinnes. Includes full page menus with chapter selections and thumbnail images for each and every segment for nearly every “Volume” in this 8 DVD Set
SPANDAU BALLET Video Archives 1983-1984 VOLUME I
1. SPANDAU BALLET: “Live Over Britain”: INTRO MUSIC, COMMUNICATION, PLEASURE, GOLD, LIFELINE, TRUE, TRUE PAINT ME DOWN, INSTINCTION, CHANT No. 1, TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT (53 Mins.)
2. UKTV “Pop Quiz” Spandau Ballet vs. Duran Duran (Winter 1984)
A Classic Game show quizzing the bands against each other during the height of their careers, funny stuff and definitely a classic moment for both bands. (33 MINS. 35 SECS)
SPANDAU BALLET Video Archives 1990-2001 VOLUME
1. So Graham Norton 1/26/01: Interview with Martin Kemp discusses Spandau Ballet and his role in Eastenders along with his new book at the time.
2. “LIVE HITS” LIVE from the ARENA NEC BIRMINGHAM FEB. 1990 (RARE): RAW, HIGHLY STRUNG, ONLY WHEN YOU LEAVE, BIG FEELING, MATTER OF TIME, CRASHED INTO LOVE, MOTIVATOR, WINDY TOWN, EMPTY SPACES, HAND FULL OF DUST, FLY FOR YOU, GOLD, COMMUNICATION, LIFELINE, BE FREE WITH YOUR LOVE, THROUGH THE BARRICADES, TRUE, TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT and CHANT No. 1
TRT: 2 HOURS
SPANDAU BALLET VIDEO ARCHIVES 1982-1999 VOLUME III
Includes a full page menu with chapter selections and thumbnail images for each and every segment on this DVD
- (UKTV) The Old Grey Whistle Test 1982: “She Loved Like Diamond” & “Coffee Club” (Live Performances)
- (UK TV) “The Tube” 1985: Opening, Interview with Tony Hadley & Gary Kemp with “Highly Strung”, “Revenge for Love” & “Always In The Back of My Mind” (Live Performances)
- Live Aid 7/13/85 (Original Broadcast): Live from Wembley Stadium “Only When You Leave”, “We are Virgin” and “True”
- The 1987 British Record Industry Awards: Through The Barricades (Live Performance)
- VH1’s 10th Anniversary of Live Aid 6/95: Live from Wembley Stadium “True” with interview from Tony Hadley in 1995
- Tony Hadley (Home Video Release) 1997: Documentary & In-Depth Interviews regarding the making of Tony’s first full length solo LP. Plus behind the scenes of music videos and includes all the following music video in their entirety. “Save A Prayer” (Duet with Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran), “Dance with Me”, “First of May”, Wonderful Life”, “She”, “Maybe You and I”, “Love Affair”(50 Mins.)
- VH1’s Where are they Now? 12/98: Spandau Profile with New interview from Gery Kemp
- UKTV Ch. 4 “Top Ten” (Documentary Series) 3/13/99: This episode profiles the “Top Ten” 80’s Romantics. Boy George hosts this entire show. This segment includes George’s introduction and segment following of Culture Club. For entire show with Boy George hosting the whole show, inquire by writing to me.
- VH1’s Where are they Now? 9/99: Spandau Profile with new interview from Tony Hadley and John Keeble.
TRT 2 HOURS
SPANDAU BALLET VIDEO ARCHIVES 2010-2015 VOLUME IV
1. Isle of Wight 2010 Festival 06/13/10: Spandau Ballet REUNION! True, The Freeze and Gold LIVE. This is the first broadcast of Spandau performing live on US Television in more then ten years.
2. The 80’s Rewind Tour Friday to Sunday the 19th to the 21st of August 2010: Tony Hadley performs live solo set. Set list includes: “Rio” (Duran Duran Cover), True and Gold
3. The 80’s Rewind Tour August 2012: Tony Hadley performs live solo set includes: Gold and True
4. The 80’s Rewind Tour August 2014: Tony Hadley performs live solo set includes: Take Back Everything and Gold
5. Jimmy Kimmel Live 11/10/14: Opening introduction by Jimmy of the band. Spandau Ballet perform “True” and “This Is The Love”
6. The Today Show 01/20/15: Opening three teasers about the band appearing on the show then finally a short profile of the band followed by an introduction of the band performing “True”
7. BBC Sky News March 2009: Spandau announce their reunion via Press Conference on the HMS Belfast ship in London. Included are scenes and reactions from the band regarding their reformation.
Ireland TV RTE ONE Tubridy Tonight 05/23/09: 80’s legends Spandau Ballet flew in to chat to Ryan about living in Dublin in the 80s, lawsuits and getting back together. In one of their first performances since re-forming the band blew the audience away with a fantastic rendition of their classic hit “Gold”!
8. Face Culture 11/02/09: Video interview with the British pop group Spandau Ballet. FaceCulture spoke to Gary Kemp, John Keeble and Steve Norman about their first meeting, the start of Spandau Ballet, electronic music, their first synthesizer, youth culture, periods in their career, getting Commercial, albums, the break up and trial, reuniting, reinventing old songs, Once More, ballads and more.
9. STV on 12/08/2009: Interview with Tony Hadley
SPANDAU BALLET VIDEO ARCHIVES 2009-2010 VOLUME V
1. Friday Night with Jonathan Ross 04/24/09: The very first TV appearance of the band after their announcement of reuniting (historical) In-Depth Interview with the entire band discussing their career and a funny “True” or False segment followed by “Chant No. 1” and “Gold” LIVE
2. Top 2000 In Concert 12/10/09: Gold and Through The Barricades LIVE
3. “SPANDAU : THE RETURN” 10/9-13/09: Documentary about the 2010 Reformation Tour. Spandau at Elstree Studios 9th & 11 of October and Dublin 02 14th of October
4. Isle of Wight 2010 Festival 06/13/10: Spandau Ballet REUNION! To Cut A Long Story Short, The Freeze, Highly Strung, Only When You Leave, I’ll Fly For You, Through The Barricades, Communication, Lifeline, Chant No. 1, True and Gold LIVE. This is the first broadcast of Spandau performing live on US Television in more then ten years.
SPANDAU BALLET VIDEO ARCHIVES 2014-2015 VOLUME VI
1. Music News SXSW Film Festival Texas 03/14/14: In-Depth Interview with the band regarding the new documentary “Soul Boys of The Western World” premiering at the festival
2. SXSW Film Festival Texas 03/14/14: Profile of the band and In-Depth Interview regarding the new documentary “Soul Boys of The Western World”
3. (UK TV) Good Morning Britain 09/15/14: Introduction with clips from the new documentary and then a in-depth Interview with the band regarding the new documentary “Soul Boys of The Western World”
4. (UK TV)Loose Woman 9/15/14: Introduction with clips from the new documentary and then a in-depth Interview with the band regarding the new documentary “Soul Boys of The Western World”
5. M-Magazine 2014: Spandau Ballet Interviewed at the former Blitz Club. Interview regarding new plaque on the wall of the entrance of the former Blitz Club to commemorate their performance there 30 years later. Receive the “PRS for Music Heritage Award” The band discuss receiving the award and the new documentary “Soul Boy of The Western World”
6. Behind The Vinyl 01/26/15: Interview with Tony and Martin discussing listening to “True” the first time on vinyl
7. “Gold” (Documentary Short)” …Soul Boys of the Western World Tour 2015: Emerging from London’s underground fashion and club scene of the late 70s, Spandau Ballet pioneered the styles of electronic dance music and white funk, before moving on to huge worldwide commercial success with the blue eyed soul album, ‘True’. Spandau Ballet notched up 20 hit singles, spent an incredible 500 weeks in the UK Charts and achieved album sales in excess of 20 million copies worldwide.
8. (Italy TV) Assisi Festival 06/15: I’ll Fly For You/Gold/True medley and Through The Barricades
9. Spandau Ballet Airport Arrival inThe Philippines NAIA Airport Terminal 2 09/20/15: Interview at airport; an impromptu press conference
10. Let’s Rock Bristol 04/2015: Interview with Tony Haldey
SPANDAU BALLET Tony Hadley VIDEO ARCHIVES 1981 VOLUME VII
1. (UK TV) BBC Segment 02/25/81: Behind The scenes of the photo shoot For “Axiom” Magazine
2. (UK TV) BBC Segment 02/81: In-Depth Interview
3. In-Depth Interview 05/5/81: by Pat Wardsley at The Underground Night Club in New York City, NY, U.S.A. This is more than likely the first in-depth interview the band ever did for American television. Interview is also with Spandau Producer Richard James Burgess
4. Spandau Ballet Live In New York City, NY USA 05/06/81: Recorded at The Underground Night Club, this is probably the very first video of Spandau Ballet LIVE in America. Songs include: The Freeze, Mandolin, Reformation, Chant No. 1, Toys, Age of Blows (Instrumental), Musclebound, Confused, To Cut A Long Story Short and Glow
5. To Cut A Long Story Short (Time Machine Edit)
SPANDAU BALLET VIDEO ARCHIVES 2000-2014 VOLUME VIII
1. Young Guns Go for It (TV Series documentary) 09/06/2000: Spandau Ballet. In-depth interview with all the band members and retrospective profile of the entire history of the band up to that point in 2000
2. SXSW Official post premiere Interview March 2014: Probably the most serious and the most in-depth of the interviews regarding the documentary “Soul Boys of The Western World”. Entire band reflect on the film after watching it in it’s entirety for the very first time ever.
3. Hello 09/14: Spandau Ballet Interviewed at the former Blitz Club. Interview regarding their new film and behind the fame, fashion and fatherhood and about the ‘toe-curling’ experience of watching the film together, the wild fashions of the 80s and why they are so glad the band is back together in this new documentary “Soul Boys of The Western World”
4. Film Three Sixty 09/14: Spandau Ballet Interviewed at the former Blitz Club. Interview regarding their new film and the time that the film takes place in this new documentary “Soul Boys of The Western World”. Gary Kemp mentions how much he enjoyed seeing the scenes from the sixties in London
5. Film Beat 09/14: Spandau Ballet Interviewed at the former Blitz Club. Interview regarding their new film and behind the fame that the film shows in this new documentary “Soul Boys of The Western World”. Gary discusses HMS Belfast gig that was only found the year prior in 2013 on Super and in color.
6. Red Carpet TV News 09/30/14: London Premiere of Spandau Ballet music documentary Soul Boys Of The Western World at the Royal Albert Hall. interviews with the entire band, Director of the film and Kim Wilde