- Today 11/24/14: Opening, interview with Sting as he makes his “big announcment” that he will join the cast of “The Last Ship” for a limited 6 week run.
- The 2014 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade 11/27/14: Opening then Sting along with the cast of the Broadway show “The Last Ship” perform the song “Show Some Respect” the introduction includes that Sting will join the cast of the show as of December 9th 2014.
- The Late Show with David Letterman 12/11/14: Opening mentioning Sting, later in the show Chris Rock is interviewed and makes a joke about meeting Sting backstage. Introduction by Dave and then an interview with Sting discussing the new play. The following segment has Sting performing “What Say You Meg” live during his limited run as a cast member of the Broadway show “The Last Ship”. This would be the last appearance of Sting on “Late Night with David Letterman” after well over twenty appearances over the years.
- The 37th Annual Kennedy Center Honors 12/30/14: Opening, Sting’s reaction to the homage, which took place earlier this month in Washington, D.C., is captured in a brief video interview posted on CBS’ official YouTube Channel. “I don’t think of myself as an icon, I think of myself as a very fortunate human being who has a job that he would do for nothing,” says Sting in the clip. “You know, singing, entertaining people is what I would do anyway. The fact is, I get paid extravagant amounts of money for doing it, but I would do it for nothing — just for applause.”The singer admits that with regard to the tribute, “I feel very overcome, very overwhelmed,” adding, “I wasn’t able to take it, actually. I think I kept very English but inside I was feeling a lot of emotion.” Sting also points out that he was “delighted and surprised” that Meryl Streep was on hand to deliver her own tribute to him and to introduce the performances. In addition, he says he was “moved greatly” by the fact that the cast of his Broadway show The Last Ship gave an unexpected performance as part of the salute. As previously reported, during the tribute, Lady Gaga performs Sting’s 1993 hit “If I Ever Lose My Faith in You;” Springsteen delivers a rendition of “I Hung My Head,” and Bruno Mars sings a medley of Police songs: “So Lonely,” “Roxanne” and “Message in a Bottle.” Bruno also performs with the cast of The Last Ship.
- The Late Late Show with James Corden 05/20/15: Sting opens the show exactly across the street from the Ed Sullivan Theater on the day of the series finale of The Late Show with David Letterman. Sting sings “Every Breath You Take” (Acoustic version). In this version Sting rephrases the lyrics “I’ve been watching you” as a tribute to Dave
- The 69th Annual Tony Awards 06/08/15: Opening with mention of Sting. Much later in the program Sting presents a segment on American Theater Wing’s 100 years.
- A&E ’Shining a Light: A Concert for Progress on Race in America.’ 11/20/15: From the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California, this two-hour event aired on Friday, November 20th at 8PM ET . Sting performs “”, “Fragile” and “”
There are no reviews yet.