1. Official Trailer #1 (:36)
2. Trailer #2 “Tonight” (1:38)
3. “The Howard Stern Interview: Bruce Springsteen” 10/31/22: Nationally broadcasted on November 27th, 2022, however the interview was recorded on 31 st October of the same year.
The interview features over two hours of intimate, in-depth conversation between Howard Stern and Bruce Springsteen, taking a candid look at Springsteen’s musical, professional and personal journey. The interview features several in-studio performances on acoustic guitar and piano, with Springsteen explaining the genesis behind many of his most beloved hits including, “Thunder Road,” “The Rising,” “Born to Run,” and many more. They also discuss Springsteen’s new studio album Only The Strong Survive, a collection of 15 soul music gems that was recently released.
This is a detailed two-hour-long conversation between Springsteen and Stern and takes a deep dive into the former’s illustrious 6-decade music career, while also touching on key aspects of his personal life. The intimate conversation also features in-studio performances from Springsteen on the acoustic guitar and the piano as he takes audiences down memory lane, chronicling the genesis behind some of his most acclaimed hits, including “Thunder Road”, “The Rising,” and “Born to Run,” among others. The pair also discuss Springsteen’s new studio album, Only The Strong Survive, a cover album of fifteen R&B and soul songs which was released last week. The album is Springsteen’s second cover album, following We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions, which was released in 2006.
“Bruce Springsteen is a few inches away from me and I am star-struck,” Howard says in the opening of the teaser, to which a flattered Springsteen responds with a warm chuckle. Springsteen is then seen candidly discussing the struggles behind making music, revealing how he’d often have a musician’s version of writer’s block that can go on for years. His technique for songwriting, he reveals, is first getting a title and hoping to figure out the rest later. “You finally got me to cry on the air,” Stern says to Springsteen after he’s just performed one of his hits. “It’s the first time ever. Wow.”
The interview, which aired live on SiriusXM’s Howard 100, took place at Howard Stern’s SiriusXM Studio in New York on October 31, 2022.. Running Time: 2 Hours 14 Minutes 49 Seconds
BONUS MATERIALS (Additional Interview and more Live Performances)
4. The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon 11/14/22 Opening, In-depth interview with Bruce that ranged from the for his first tour with the E Street Band in six years and commonly misheard lyrics in his songs, to his promise to attend at least one show on Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour. Later in the program Bruce performs LIVE Frank Wilson’s “Do I Love You (Indeed I Do),” along with closing segment (24:47)
5. The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon 11/16/22: Opening and Bruce closed out his three-episode residency on The Tonight Show with a soulful rendition of “Nightshift,” off his new covers LP Only the Strong Survive along with closing segment. Backed by the same powerhouse band that accompanied him for the previous night’s performances, Springsteen delivered his take on the Commodores’ 1985 classic, a tribute to soul legends Marvin Gaye and Jackie Wilson. The single is the “newest” recording featured on Only the Strong Survive, which is mostly comprised of R&B singles from the Sixties and Seventies. “I wanted to make an album where I just sang,” Springsteen previously said of Only the Strong Survive in a statement. “And what better music to work with than the great American songbook of the Sixties and Seventies? I’ve taken my inspiration from Levi Stubbs, David Ruffin, Jimmy Ruffin, the Iceman Jerry Butler, Diana Ross, Dobie Gray, and Scott Walker, among many others. I’ve tried to do justice to them all—and to the fabulous writers of this glorious music. My goal is for the modern audience to experience its beauty and joy, just as I have since I first heard it. I hope you love listening to it as much as I loved making it.” Includes closing segment with Bruce (9:35) Springsteen will return to Jimmy Fallon’s late-night show in a few weeks to take part in The Tonight Show’s special Thanksgiving episode on Nov. 24.
6. The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon “Special Thanksgiving Episode” 11/24/22: Opening, Jimmy mansions Bruce will be on at the end of the show. Coming up next teaser. Later in the shell and backed by his band and the Roots, he sang his cover of “Don’t Play That Song (You Lied).” In the middle of the performance, Springsteen riffed on Thanksgiving foods. Includes closing segment with Bruce (8:33)
TOTAL RUNNING TIME including BONUS MATERIALS: 3 Hours 2 Minutes
Harvey Greenberg (verified owner) –
Very happy with my purchase – excellent quality Blu-Ray. Service and timeliness of delivery was great. Very reasonably priced. I bought it primarily for the Howard Stern interview with Springsteen, but the Tonight show interview and live performances from multiple nights are a nice bonus. As a long time Springsteen fan, found the interview to be very interesting and entertaining. Highly recommended!