1. The Late Show with David Letterman 3/02/09: Opening, mention of U2 on the show, visual of U2 shoveling snow outside the theatre then U2 performs “Breathe”
2. The Late Show with David Letterman 3/03/09: Opening, mention of U2 having 53rd Street named after U2 as “U2 Way”, mention of U2 on the show. Visual of U2 accepting the “U2 Way” sign from Mayor Bloomberg for 53rd Street. Another mention of U2 coming up and then U2 performs “Magnificent” and brief interview with Bono
3. The Late Show with David Letterman 3/04/09: Opening, mention of U2 on the show and 53rd Street being named “U2 Way”, All of U2 presents the Lettermen’s “Top Ten List”, “The Top Ten Things U2’s Learned Over the Years”. Dave interviews owner of local store near the theatre some funny comments about U2 being in front of the store. Then U2 performs “I’ll Go Crazy If, I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight”
4. The Late Show with David Letterman 3/05/09: Opening, mention of U2 on the show, Segment with U2 singing a song into the phone as “hold” music. Visual of U2 accepting their honor for the renaming of 53rd Street as “U2 Way” U2 Comcast Commercial, U2 as a band are interviewed and then U2 performs “Beautiful Day”.
5. ABC’s Eyewitness News (LOCAL TV TO NEW YORK ONLY!!!) 3/06/09: Report from Fordham University in The Bronx. Thousands of students wait over night to see U2’s live broadcast on Good Morning America.
6. ABC’s Good Morning America 3/06/09: Opening, this is FIRST U2 performance on this historic American morning show. Mention of U2 on the program to perform live at Fordham University in The Bronx. Sam Champion does his Weather report from Fordham University in The Bronx on U2’s stage with visual of thousands of U2 fans awaiting the live concert. Report of Fordham’s students having school cancelled for the U2 performance including interviews with the fans/students from Fordham University. Visuals of the audience, thousands span the front of the University. Local NYC report (not national) saying that morning classes were cancelled for the show and ONLY students and faculty were invited to this morning concert. 7:30 am opening segment more from Fordham with the mention that U2 will sing FOUR live songs. Sam Champion does his second weather report from Fordham University in The Bronx on U2’s stage with visual of thousands of U2 fans awaiting the live concert. Another teaser from the Bronx. Sam Champion does his third weather report from Fordham University in The Bronx. Teaser with visual of U2’s new video “Get On Your Boots” on the jumbo tron in Times Square. U2 finally is introduced performing the new songs “Get On Your Boots”, “Magnificent”, “I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight”. Local NYC report (not national) reporting U2’s live performance in the Bronx. U2 has a sit down interview live on stage. U2 performs “Beautiful Day”
7. The Late Show with David Letterman 3/06/09: Opening, mentions of U2 on the show and visual of new LP. Sketch with U2 “Ask U2” a question from a fan (very funny), U2 performs “Get On Your Boots” closing of show with U2.
8. Saturday Night Live 9/26/09: Opening, Commercial for new LP, then U2 perform three “Non-Singles” on SNL something that has never been done before. The songs include Breathe, followed by a shortened version of “Moment of Surrender,” and the show ended while U2 did “Ultraviolet” complete with Bono’s laser-light jacket and the swinging microphone routine. After the broadcast ended, U2 played one more song — “With or Without You” — just for the studio audience not included on the DVD Volume
There are no reviews yet.