1. UK TV BBC1’s .U2 Equals BBC Air Date in the U.S.A. 06/23/10: (Original Air Date on the BBC in England the 27th of February 2009). The band plays a mix of old and new songs atop the BBC’s Broadcasting House. This special starts with an interview with the band on BBC One radio discussing the event of performing on the roof of the BBC. The then premiere of the new songs for the LP “No Line On The Horizon” to an audience for the first time at The BBC One Radio Theater on BBC Radio One. First song is Get on Your Boots followed by a quick on stage interview discussing the upcoming tour then more live performances including Beautiful Day and Breathe. Fans respond after the concert. Rehearsal footage of the band preparing for the roof top performance. Individual interviews with each member of the band. Performance of No Line On The Horizon at the rehearsal hall. Visuals of U2 arriving at the BBC Station Building. Interview with the band on BBC Radio 2 discussing the new LP and visuals of fans arriving outside the building for this secret concert on the rooftop of the BBC building that Bono hints to on live radio. Then U2 arrive on the roof street are packed with people, at least a few thousand as U2 blast into Get On Your Boots followed by Magnificent and concludes with Vertigo.
2. 60 Minutes 11/28/10: Profile on the new Broadway play for “Spiderman” Bono and The Edge discuss making the score as well as the history of the production of this ground breaking Broadway show. Includes footage of Bono and Edge collaborating with the band that was creating the score over a year ago.
3. The 2011 Billboard awards 05/22/11: U2 receive “Top Touring Group of the year” Award. Exclusive profile made for the award show about the entire career of U2 as it pertains to touring. Acceptance speech from the entire band
4. American Idol Season Finale 05/25/11: Bon and The Edge perform “Rise Above” with cast member from the Spiderman Man Broadway soundtrack LIVE
5. The 65th Annual Tony Awards 06/12/11: Opening. Host jokes about Spiderman play with Bono and The Edge reacting. Later Bono and The Edge introduce a scene from the play Spiderman.
6. The Late Show with David Lettermen 07/18/11: Opening, teasers about Bono and The Edge on the show. Interview with Bono and The Edge. Bono discusses injuring his spine. Later Bono discusses the music for the Broadway show “Spiderman: Turn Off The Dark”. In another segment Bono and The Edge perform an acoustic version of Stuck In A Moment and explain how it was inspired by the death of Michael Hutchence (lead singer of INXS). The finale includes the cast of the Broadway musical “Spiderman: Turn Off The Dark” perform a song from the show.
There are no reviews yet.